Frequently Asked Question
Current FWS Position Status - OPEN
Federal Work Study Applicant
Job Description for College of Engineering IT Help Desk
Student Assistants help keep College technology running smoothly and efficiently. Running the Help Desk involves a team of student Assistants to field emails, phone calls, and in-person visits, answering questions on all matter of technologies. Previous technology experience is preferred, but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance to students, faculty, staff, abbey members, and visitors.
• Answer department phones promptly in a professional manner and greet in-person patrons.
• Sort and maintain service request tickets.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on a variety of computer systems.
• Register devices to use the university’s network.
• Provide password and login assistance for users.
• Provide assistance with computers, copiers, podiums, and other resources and devices.
• Stock Labs printers with paper and toner and troubleshoot issues.
• Other miscellaneous technology-related tasks.
• Assistants perform hard drive replacements, software installations, upgrades, and much more.
• Assistants may be asked to work in cramped or dusty environments, and climb on ladders.
• Relocate computer hardware, peripherals and equipment as needed
• Clean up computers, maintains computers and cable management
Competencies & Qualifications:
• Must be respectful, dependable, honest, and discreet.
• Must have a high degree of personal integrity.
• Must be comfortable as an independent learner.
• Must speak clearly on the phone, and have a positive, upbeat, and courteous attitude.
• Must have accurate spelling and grammar, and the ability to communicate well in written form.
Compensation is set at minimum wage. Student Assistants may work no more than twenty hours per week.
The ITS Help Desk is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To apply for the position, Download and Complete the Job Application.