Frequently Asked Question
COMPILATION ISSUE SOLUTION
Issue: Access to system wide models have been removed to keep the models clean.
Solution: So everyone has to copy the models to your home directory and build. Follow the below instructions (the red colored text will be different for you according to your last name)
- Copy the directories to your home directory
[volta]/home/kushalad> cp -r /export/opt/riverbed/18.0/models/ ~/op_models/
[volta]/home/kushalad> cp -r /export/opt/riverbed/18.0/sys/ ~/op_models/
- Back up the preference file.
[volta]/home/kushalad> cp ~/op_admin/opnet-18-0.prefs ~/op_admin/opnet-18-0.prefs_backup
- Open the preference file to change model directories path to point to your home directories.
[volta]/home/kushalad> vim ~/op_admin/opnet-18-0.prefs
- When the file opens paste below line and enter.
NOTE: USE WHAT YOU SEE ON YOUR VOLTA TERMINAL (eg: I will use home/deshpand)
Fig. 1: Volta Terminal
Fig. 2: Screenshot for step 4
5. Again paste below and enter. Shown below screenshots.
Fig. 3: Screenshot for Step 5
6. Now type in
To save the file and exit the program.
7. Restart/relaunch the opnet application. Compilation should go through.
You can recover from the backup you created for opnet-18-0.prefs_backup and start over.
To restore backup at the command line.
1. Delete the the current opnet-18-0.prefs
2. Restore the backup opnet-18-0.prefs_backup
cp ~/op_admin/opnet-18-0.prefs_backup ~/op_admin/opnet-18-0.prefs